Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: PM Josefina

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ilovemarines's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hello. I am interested in purchasing a PM Josefina, however I am not sure what the obvious differences are between the current release and PM verison. Josefina is the only doll that was made PM that we don't already have in our collection. I have noticed that there are some Josefina's out there without a body tag on eBay, would this be the PM version? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

  2. #2
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ooooh, I would like to know this as well. From the pictures it looks like the hair is a lot thicker in the PM. Any face differences?
    Thanks
    Shanna

  3. #3
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Me too, I would like to know!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My PM Josefina has no body tag, but I don't know that this is an exclusive trait of the PMs.
    I don't have a head shot of my mom's Mattel Josefina, but her face is not as full as my Josefina's. The comment you almost always hear about PM Josefina is about her cheeks being fuller. I also believe her skin tone is a bit darker and more rosey.
    The best I can do for side-by-side photos is a comparison with Marisol. I'll take those if you'd like. My Marisol is one of the chubby-cheeked Marisol's, and PM Josefina's face is chubbier still. Her skin tone is also different than Marisol's.
    If you can put your hands on the doll, the eyelashes are different. They are just as dark as Mattel lashes because of Josefina's coloring, but they are softer and a different shape (Mattel lashes look like they've been crimped with a lash curler near the ends). For me, without my mom's Mattel Josefina right here to compare, the eyelashes were the big kicker for me; that's how I knew my Josefina was PM.
    I would think it would be extremely difficult to tell the difference between a PM and M Josefina with just pictures-- espeically if they weren't side-by-side-- unless you've seen a lot of Josefinas.

    ETA: I do not think there is an enormous difference in the volume of the hair.

    This is my mom's Josefina, who is Mattel and was purchased at AGPC in August 2004:
    f0bbada4

    And this is my PM Josefina:
    f0a1e991

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 10, 2006 09:43 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Magdalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The link in my sig of Josefina shows a PM verison Hope it helps, I don't have a mattel Josefina to compare it with.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I will point out, the skintone among PM Josies varies. Mine has the same skintone as my Samantha. PM Josies have different hair (it tangles MUCH more easily than Mattel ones). They have stiffer eyelashes than other PM dolls, but not quite as stiff as Mattel. They have pointier chins, and, unless I'm mistaken, they do have the softer vinyl. Good luck!

  7. #7
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Welcome to the board and good luck with your search!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Josefina in my album is PM as well, and her face is a whole lot lighter than other PM dolls I have seen.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ilovemarines's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you! Thank you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •